Continuum are expanding our award-winning digital team and we’re looking for talented Developers to join us at the forefront of our exciting business transformation projects for some of the best clients out there.
Who you’ll be working with...
Continuum are Ireland’s leading and most disruptive digital transformation agency. We are called Continuum because we work in an ongoing relationship with an award winning portfolio of major brands throughout Europe and the States. So if you want to work in one of Ireland’s most exciting and rapidly growing digital brands, with some amazingly talented people, (and have a backstage pass to most industry sectors) then this is the place for you…
We are the 2021 “digital trailblazer of the year” winners at the DBI awards, and Best Large Agency of the year in Ireland award winners at the last two spider awards, Ireland’s Internet “oscars”. As a result of our disruptive work, we were also awarded the Grand Prix prix award at the spider awards 2019, The first agency in Ireland to do so. Our CEO was also listed in the Business & Finance Top 100 CEOs in Ireland for the last two years running.
Our design team are a diverse crew of experienced and dynamic designers, dedicated to delivering top-quality digital products that really work for our clients. We believe in cross-pollination and a holistic design approach.
Our Strategy, Design, Development and Marketing teams operate under one roof in a friendly, informal atmosphere and you’ll learn from every aspect of our business as you work.
A fantastic place to work and grow…
At Continuum, we believe in working hard and playing harder. Hours can be flexible, we offer competitive salaries and great opportunities to build your skillsets and expand your experience. The office (virtual and physical) is a fun environment and we take pride in the great team we’ve built and how well we all work together.
Who we’re looking for…
We want to meet energetic, enthusiastic and passionate front-end developers, with a passion for understanding and keeping up to date with the latest technologies and who above all, want to be tomorrow’s leaders and take the next step in their career today.
- Use industry standard preprocessors (Sass) with task runners (Gulp/Grunt) to automate and structure workflow and day to day tasks.
- Collaborate with back-end developers, web designers, strategists and marketers during the course of daily work.
- Determine solutions and make recommendations for clients in response to requests for new or improved website features.
- Test implemented work in various device contexts to ensure user needs have been met and that the product meets quality standards.
- Working in an agile environment, you will work within a sprint focused workflow and report to the operations and management team as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good energy, with ability to work well with internal teams; must be an excellent communicator and have a problem-solving mind-set.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in a front end role. You’re a team player but can work on your own initiative. You have a strong portfolio of work showcasing your coding experience, problem-solving abilities, innovative thinking and personal style.
- Experience working with Bootstrap (3/4).
- Experience working with CSS preprocessors such as Sass/LESS.
- Experience working with task runners such as Grunt/Gulp.
- Knowledge of version control tools. (e.g. GIT, SourceSafe, TFS)
- Experience working with FTP and Remote Desktop Connections. (FileZilla, RDP)
- Have an in-depth understanding of web development processes.
- Experience working with an IDE such as Visual Studio/NetBeans/Eclipse.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to understand clients’ requirements and document Functional Specifications.
- The ability to communicate clearly with the client via specification documentations and email.
Beneficial but not needed:
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Agency environment experience is a bonus, especially working with enterprise projects.
- Have knowledge of SEO principles.
- Quality is a cornerstone of our processes, so a knowledge of QA practices and an eye for quality (visual and functional), is a big advantage.
- Have familiarity with browser testing, device testing and debugging.
- Experience with a backend programming language (PHP, .Net). Not essential but beneficial.
- We use Photoshop and Illustrator in our workflow for exporting assets and implementing them into a project build. Experience with these tools is a bonus.
- Familiarity with a CMS such as WordPress, Kentico or Sitefinity is beneficial but not essential.
- You should be fluent in English, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
At Continuum, we adapted very quickly to become more agile in the new working environment created by the coronavirus pandemic, and we are committed to ongoing support of a positive work-life balance.
While we continue to monitor the pandemic and government guidelines, our future roles will support a blended approach of office-based and remote working. For these roles it is required that all office- based attendance is at our Dublin HQ in East Point business park.