Looking to take the next big step in your career? Continuum are expanding our award-winning design team and we’re looking for a talented Front End Developer to join as we embark on exciting digital projects for some of the best clients out there.
Who we are
Continuum have spent the last 15 years at the forefront of digital strategy, design and technologies in Ireland, creating innovative business solutions for a host of top-tier clients such as Carphone Warehouse, Tesco Mobile, IDA, Benecol, Marvel and Disney.
Our design team are a diverse crew of experienced and dynamic designers, dedicated to delivering top-quality digital products that really work for our clients. We believe in cross-pollination and a holistic design approach.
Our Strategy, Design, Development and Marketing teams operate under one roof in a friendly, informal atmosphere and you’ll learn from every aspect of our business as you work.
Here’s a brief on what you will be doing:
- Use industry standard preprocessors (Sass) with task runners (Gulp/Grunt) to automate and structure workflow and day to day tasks.
- Collaborate with back-end developers, web designers, strategists and marketers during the course of daily work.
- Determine solutions and make recommendations for clients in response to requests for new or improved website features.
- Test implemented work in various device contexts to ensure user needs have been met and that the product meets quality standards.
- Working in an agile environment, you will work within a sprint focused workflow and report to the operations and management team as required.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in a front end role. You’re a team player but can work on your own initiative. You have a strong coding experience, problem-solving abilities, innovative thinking and personal style.
- Proficiency working with Bootstrap (3/4).
- Experience working with CSS preprocessors such as Sass/LESS.
- Experience working with task runners such as Grunt/Gulp.
- Knowledge of version control tools. (e.g. GIT, SourceSafe, TFS)
- Experience working with FTP and Remote Desktop Connections. (FileZilla, RDP)
- Have an in-depth understanding of web development processes.
- Experience working with an IDE such as Visual Studio/NetBeans/Eclipse.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Beneficial but not needed:
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Agency environment experience is a bonus, especially working with enterprise projects.
- Have knowledge of SEO principles.
- Quality is a cornerstone of our processes, so a knowledge of QA practices and an eye for quality (visual and functional), is a big advantage.
- Have familiarity with browser testing, device testing and debugging.
- Experience with a backend programming language (PHP, .Net). Not essential but beneficial.
- We use Photoshop and Illustrator in our workflow for exporting assets and implementing them into a project build. Experience with these tools is a bonus.
- Familiarity with a CMS such as WordPress, Kentico or Sitefinity is beneficial but not essential.
- You should be fluent in English, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills.